Monday, February 20, 2012

Bitterness and Perseverance

Revive Our Hearts: "For the Long Haul"
  • Don't ever lose hope or faith, for He is faithful.
  • God does not hold you accountable for his decisions. He will bless you regardless of his decisions. SO your happiness must be independent of any other person.
  • "As his helper, his completer, I am to express my cautions, my concerns, my preferences. But He said, 'Let it fall to the ground like snow, and give God time to work.' ...the difference is, he doesn’t feel pressed to agree on the spot or even answer on the spot. That’s giving him the freedom to think and God the time and the freedom to work."
  •  "I think it’s because men need [respect], in their wiring, and it’s the most unnatural thing for us to do. I think that’s why He tells us to do it, because it does not come naturally."

Romans 12
(v. 1) I must submit my whole being as a sacrifice as my spiritual worship. In my submission, I am worshiping.
(v. 2) I must TEST the Word/will of God, to  learn what is good, acceptable, and perfect.
(v. 3) I need to stop thinking highly of myself but soberly--in the light of God's judgment.
(v. 4-8) God has granted each one of us our own gifts and  we are to use them generously.
(v. 9) My love must be GENUINE.
(v. 10-11) I should focus on trying to "outdo" others in showing love and honor, as my service to God.
(v. 12) I need to rejoice in the hope give by God and be constantly praying.
(v. 14) Blessing others should not depend on how they treat me.
(v. 15) "Never be wise in your own sight."
(v. 17) I should aim to do what is right in everyone's eyes, meaning regardless of what they know my situation.
(v. 19) Let God judge.

Revive Our Hearts: "Making Choices to Persevere"
  • Selfishness of choosing what's best for me rather letting God tell us.
Revive Our Hearts: "How Bitterness Can Lead to Impurity"
  •  It’s important, at first, to identify the people who have wronged us.
  • Then you want to make sure that your conscience is clear toward those people who are on your list.
  • Then, take responsibility for your responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment