Some people eat, some people run...I dye my hair. I also painted my nails a dark purple. I wonder what it is that's so refreshing about change when you're struggling internally. Is it the control? When life spins in directions you don't want, you exert your ability to take control where you can, even if it's with something as trivial as hair color (or cut, for some people). Is it the distraction? Maybe as the things that consume you shorten your breath and dizzy your mind, you distract yourself and others with a new topic of conversation. Whatever the reason, things I have no control over at the moment are consuming my thoughts and draining the energy out of me, so I reached for my third box of hair dye this month.
This situation also begs the question of why we're so afraid of change at some points in our lives and, in others, we crave it. At the same time, there are times when the fact that we know somethings won't change frightens us to death and others where it comforts us, warmly, deeply.
There's no grand conviction or insight I've acquired on any of these things. I'm just rambling at this point, so I guess I'll share my weapons of change/choice.
Dark Natural Brown by Garnier HerbaShine
Retail: $5.99
Eiffel for this Color by OPIRetail: $8.50 (approx)
I said I would buy and handbag, and I did. HauteLook.com was selling some cute cute handbags, so I indulged.
Savannah Hobo by Romeo & Juliet Couture
Retail: $128
On sale: $49
No comments:
Post a Comment