Monday, March 7, 2011

Running Scared

Copyright All rights reserved by Flickr user polishyourdreams
I've been experiencing a string of very frightening dreams lately, even causing me to scream out in the middle of sleeping.

Last night's nightmare was probably a touch of my own violent side and the result of watching the boy play many hours of video games. I was one of many contestants fighting for my life. We were being chased by these creatures that were trying to kill us. I managed to take a knife from one of these creatures and stabbed it multiple times, to the point of grossing myself out with the wounds I inflicted...but it just wouldn't die. It kept coming after me.

The most frightening dream happened last week. I walked into a dark kitchen, and there was a black creature hanging upside down on the ceiling. I could only just barely see the few glow-in-the-dark spots it had as it jumped down on top of me. It started to choke me. In my dream, I knew the boy could save me if only I could call to him, but I could barely even breathe. I woke up with a stifled, muffled screech, waking the boy. The most disturbing part was that, while I couldn't see it's face, I distinctly knew that it was smiling...enjoying squeezing the breath out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment